Q1. All the following are the actions of acetylcholine except
- Decrease in heart rate
- Dilatation of pupil
- Contraction of detrusor muscle
- Increased salivation
Q4. Which of the following statements is not true regarding neostigmine
- It is a reversible anticholinesterase
- It crosses the blood brain barrier
- It is used to treat myasthenia gravis
- It should not be used in organophosphorus poisoning
Q1. Answer - 2. Dilatation of pupils. Acetylcholine causes pupillary constriction by acting on M3 receptors.
Q2. Answer - 1. Scopolamine. It is an anticholinergic like atropine.
Q3. Answer - 4. Ipratropium. Why is it preferred over atropine for bronchial asthma?
Q4. Answer - 2. It crosses the blood brain barrier. Since it does not it is preferred for myasthenia gravis.